EVENTS DEDICATED TO EDIBLE INSECTS
– Insects in the Food Chain : Exploring how insects are used in animal feed as well as how insects are being developed as consumer packaged goods. Strategies on how to package and market edible insects to cultures that aren’t accustomed to eating insects are also discussed.
Turku, Finland, 29 August 2017
– Brooklyn Bugs : Learn more about entomophagy from industry leaders and gain a cultural understanding and point of view from artists and visionaries through a series of presentations and workshops.
New York, 01-03 September 2017
– Insects 2017 : The conference aims to give an overview of the state-of-the-art of insect technology and the prospects and constraints of the use of insects as food, feed and non-food in Europe and worldwide. Technological, commercial, ecological, political and ethical issues are discussed.
Berlin, Germany, 07/08 September 2017
– Insectinov2 : Rearing insects or how to make biomass without harming the environment: biotechnological solutions and new industrial sectors.
Paris, France, from October 10 2017
– International Entomophagous Insects Conference : The conference will cover both fundamental and applied topics related to arthropod natural enemies. The topics covered in the conference will range from genomics to food-web dynamics and ecosystem functioning.
Kyoto, Japan, 16-20 October 2017
– Entmology Society of America : The conference will be sharing insect science advances from around the world.
Denver, Colorado, 16-20 October 2017
– Food Proteins Asia 2017 : Hear from a carefully selected panel of authoritative speakers and experts who share new insights on Protein developments in Asia and around the world.
Bangkok, Thailand, 9/10 November 2017
– Insects in feed or food? : Liège, Belgium, 16/17 November 2017 – CANCELED
– IPIFF Insects for Food & Feed : This international conference aims to bring together insect producing companies, high level representatives from EU institutions, industry and consumers’ representatives, to take stock of relevant EU legislative developments and explore future opportunities on the use of insects for food or feed applications.
Brussels, Belgium, 21 November 2017
– Insects to Feed the World (IFW 2018) : The conference aims to cover the current status and legislation around insects as food and feed, formulate recommendations to increase the impact, promote collaborations and gathering of international data and create a global awareness of this food.
Wuhan, China, From 15 May 2018
– The Tiniest Livestock: Edible Insects : The conference aims to focus on the successes and challenges of raising insects from the points of view of an insect farmer and a producer who works with insects to make a variety of interesting foods.
California, 2018 Date TBC
EVENTS WITH A SESSION ON EDIBLE INSECTS
– Food’s Future Summit : focussed on understanding the global and local state of food supply and demand and its impact on what we eat now and how we will eat in the future
Hong Kong, 12 August 2017
– Innovate Food : a food innovation event looking for ways to generate new and sustainable sources of high quality food
Aarhus, Denmark, 31 August 2017
– TechBBQ : the annual tech startup summit in Denmark for entrepreneurs and investors. Some bug-booths in the food exhibition area, and a session on alternative protein with Bugsolutely and Dare To Eat.
Copenhagen, Denmark, September 5th and 6th, 2017
– Future Ideas Festival : At the core of our future is our food. South Australia has some of the best soils and agriculture in the world and is a leader in food innovation. How can we be sure our diet isn’t making us dumb? Or will we all be eating bugs for dinner?
Adelaide, Australia, From 28 September 2017