Past Edible Insect Events
(this is an archive. For the future events click here)
L.A. Bug Fair
East meets West-Coasts, that is. As Brooklyn’s top bug chef, Joseph Soon, shares the stage with Seattle favourite entomophagy, David George Gordon (and frequent guest to the bug fair stage). Together, they will prove that there ‘s nothing more than one way to skin a cat(erpillar) as they prepare an assortment of six and eight legged treats, serving them to the crowd both during and after the show.
19 – 20 May 2018, Natural History Museum, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
Sustainability for Business Forum
The Sustainability for Business Forum 2018 is a half-day forum providing expertise and networking opportunities for Thailand-based businesses to support and promote their sustainability engagements. There will be a representation from AFFIA there including Bugsolutely.
24 May 2018, Ananada Campus, Bangkok, Thailand
26 May 2018, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Switzerland
Edible insects: a sexy food topic for the rich or a solution to feed the world?
If we want to promote the use of insects, then harvesting in the wild will not be enough. Insects also need to be reared and produced. This is already happening in Thailand for instance, and a number of new initiatives are underway in both tropical and Western countries to explore the potential.
31 May 2018, Impulse, Gebouwnummer 15, Stippeneng 2, Wagening, Netherlands
Leading figures from the world of politics, business, science and activism will join together to discuss the challenges and solutions of managing our food systems in the 21st century. What will it be today? Laboratory-grown protein? GM crops? Sustainable agriculture? Edible insects?
5 June 2018, Jesus College, Oxford University, OX1 3DW UK
Theme Day in the Danish Insect Network
The Danish Insect Network (DIN) is an open group of people for the development of new solutions and business based on insects. The network is rooted in INBIOM with two-three meetings annually. An important element will thus be the exchange of experience, input from knowledge institutions and the possibility of realization, for example, in the form of funding opportunities. The theme day will focus on international knowledge and experience.
24 May 2018, Denmark
26 May 2018, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Switzerland
4 April 2018, Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester, GL7
7 May 2018, The Reef, 1933 S Broadway, California, USA
7 – 10 May 2018, Milan, Italy
Unique daily course throughout Europe with lectures and workshops. Conducted at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) in Wädenswil. For urban farmers, adventurous farmers, entomologists, gardeners, nature lovers, environmentalists, nutritionists or simply for people interested in the topic. Language: High German.
Soi Ruamrudee, (50 meters from BTS Ploenchit, right hand side of soi), Bangkok
The conference will provide a platform for sharing knowledge, experience, ideas, and initiatives from the various disciplines involved in the utilization of insects for the benefit of humankind in both food and non-food applications.
7-9 March, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8 March, Cardiff and Vale College, Cardiff, Wales, UK
21-22 March, Ede-Wageningen, Netherlands
Insects in the Food Chain : Exploring how insects are used in animal feed as well as how insects are being developed as consumer packaged goods. Strategies on how to package and market edible insects to cultures that aren’t accustomed to eating insects are also discussed.
Turku, Finland, 29 August 2017
Brooklyn Bugs : Learn more about entomophagy from industry leaders and gain a cultural understanding and point of view from artists and visionaries through a series of presentations and workshops.
New York, 01-03 September 2017
Insects 2017 : The conference aims to give an overview of the state-of-the-art of insect technology and the prospects and constraints of the use of insects as food, feed and non-food in Europe and worldwide. Technological, commercial, ecological, political and ethical issues are discussed.
Berlin, Germany, 07/08 September 2017
Insectinov2 : Rearing insects or how to make biomass without harming the environment: biotechnological solutions and new industrial sectors.
Paris, France, from October 10 2017
International Entomophagous Insects Conference : The conference will cover both fundamental and applied topics related to arthropod natural enemies. The topics covered in the conference will range from genomics to food-web dynamics and ecosystem functioning.
Kyoto, Japan, 16-20 October 2017
– Entmology Society of America : The conference will be sharing insect science advances from around the world.
Denver, Colorado, 16-20 October 2017
– Food Proteins Asia 2017 : Hear from a carefully selected panel of authoritative speakers and experts who share new insights on Protein developments in Asia and around the world.
Bangkok, Thailand, 9/10 November 2017
– Insects in feed or food? : Liège, Belgium, 16/17 November 2017 – CANCELED
– IPIFF Insects for Food & Feed : This international conference aims to bring together insect producing companies, high level representatives from EU institutions, industry and consumers’ representatives, to take stock of relevant EU legislative developments and explore future opportunities on the use of insects for food or feed applications.
Brussels, Belgium, 21 November 2017
– The Bug Dinner : Beautifully Buggy – FIVE COURSE MEAL & WINE
CA, Culver City, January 18th
–Beneficial Expressions of Insects, Afula, Israel : The conference will provide a platform for sharing knowledge, experience, ideas, and initiatives from the various disciplines involved in the utilization of insects for the benefit of humankind in both food and non-food applications.
Israel, March 6th 2018
– Protein for Life: Edible Insects Value Chain – Wageningen, Netherlands : The symposium connects the latest research results with the broad expertise of industry, and government obtained also thanks to the private public research initiative of the last 10 years. Renewed international scientists will also present their last findings.
Wageningen, Netherlands 21-22 March 2018
– Insects to Feed the World (IFW 2018) : The conference aims to cover the current status and legislation around insects as food and feed, formulate recommendations to increase the impact, promote collaborations and gathering of international data and create a global awareness of this food.
Wuhan, China, From 15 May 2018
– Essbare Insekten selber züchten: Presentations and workshops regarding the farming of edible insects,
Zürich, Switzerland 19 May 2018
– Insect Rearing Special Interest Group : Insects and other invertebrates are used in many lines of scientific enquiry including genetics, forensics, agriculture and human health. This necessitates organisations rearing a wide range of species ‘in house’. This SIG aims to bring together like-minded scientists to create a strong, professional network in this increasingly important technical role.
Syngenta, Jealotts Hill International Research Centre, UK June 26 2018
– XI European Congress of Entomology, Naples, Italy : Entomology has a long-standing and consolidated tradition in Italy. The national scientific community is honoured for this exciting opportunity to celebrate Entomology in Europe.
Naples, Italy 2-6 July 2018
– The Tiniest Livestock: Edible Insects : The conference aims to focus on the successes and challenges of raising insects from the points of view of an insect farmer and a producer who works with insects to make a variety of interesting foods.
California, 2018 Date TBC
– Food’s Future Summit : focussed on understanding the global and local state of food supply and demand and its impact on what we eat now and how we will eat in the future
Hong Kong, 12 August 2017
– Innovate Food : a food innovation event looking for ways to generate new and sustainable sources of high quality food
Aarhus, Denmark, 31 August 2017
– TechBBQ : the annual tech startup summit in Denmark for entrepreneurs and investors. Some bug-booths in the food exhibition area, and a session on alternative protein with Bugsolutely and Dare To Eat.
Copenhagen, Denmark, September 5th and 6th, 2017
– Future Ideas Festival : At the core of our future is our food. South Australia has some of the best soils and agriculture in the world and is a leader in food innovation. How can we be sure our diet isn’t making us dumb? Or will we all be eating bugs for dinner?
Adelaide, Australia, From 28 September 2017